Tuesday 17 July 2012

MFW 2012 - Better get my skates on!

Those of you familiar with moneysavingexpert.com (I just love Martin!) with probably know of their brilliant forums and some of the challenges which go one there.  Back in December I joined on of the challenges on the Mortgage Free Wannabe forum and pledged to pay off £3,000 off our mortgage in 2012.

In hindsight it was a bit ambitious at the time as I was on maternity leave but I have been chipping away at it £100 a month since February and I think it might just be possible to reach the £3k target by December.  I'm currently at £600 paid off with a bit in savings allocated for the pesky mortgage.  I'll 'do the math' and get a total figure soon.

You can find details of the challenge here.  I'm number 71.

M
x

2 comments:

  1. Look at it this way...£3K is what you want but any savings are great!

    I really hope you do well.

    I started off on MSE and know what a powerful motivator the forum is.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sft. What is a challenge anyway if it isn't challenging!

      M
      x

      Delete