Friday 22 June 2012

Back to work....Boo

Just found out that I have to go back to work full-time, I'm disappointed to say the least.  Trying to look on the positive side though...we can have a cleaner (because of course I would have cleaned the whole house on my extra day off ;) ), we can focus on paying off the pesky mortgage and we can focus our weekends solely on spending time with little J.

How does everyone else cope working full-time and looking after children and the home? I've probably got a couple of months maternity leave to get myself in a routine!

M
x

3 comments:

  1. I don't know!

    We don't have children so can't help you there.

    A cleaner would be nice :)

    Good luck with your journey towards Mortgage Freedom!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Found you through another blog!
    Working full time and baby is incredibly hard work but it is do-able the key is organisation, organisation, organisation!!
    Every eve when I got home I used to prepare our sons bag for the child-minder the next day. I washed our clothes as soon as there was a load, I did on-line shopping and I cooked like a crazy person at the weekend and froze it for the week. Every now and then I took an Annual Leave day to have some time to myself, this is important and stops you going slightly mad! My husband and I always had a job list system so that he knew what needed to be done ( he has a different idea of messy to me!!) we've continued this through our marriage, it saves arguments!
    I wish you lots of luck, it will be fine and if you pay off your mortgage by 40 I'll be dead envious!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement! I'm beginning to realise that I'm going to have to plan with military precision if we are going to get through this, I too have a different idea of 'clean' to my OH!
    I'm going to pop over to your blog - it sounds just like my kinda thing.
    M
    x

    ReplyDelete